Okay, ChatGPT is some pretty exciting technology. But how can restaurants actually utilize it for their restaurant marketing? We went to the source and asked!
What is ChatGPT anyway?
ChatGPT is generating a lot of buzz on the internet and it's so popular that users have recently stumbled on the "ChatGPT is at capacity now" error.
But what is it anyway? Basically, ChatGPT is an advanced chatbot where users can ask questions similar to Ask Jeeves and receive coherent answers. AND they can further continue refining text responses by following up with additional requests.
Standford Professor Erik Brynjolfsson is calling it the "Calculator for Writing." And in an industry where oftentimes operators also handle restaurant marketing, this is a much-appreciated tool.
So what does this mean for restaurant marketers or restaurant operators looking to acquire more customers?
We asked the source: How can restaurant marketers use ChatGPT?
In a matter of seconds, this is what the OpenAi bot had a lot to say:
Q: How can restaurants use ChatGPT?
- A: Restaurants can use ChatGPT in a variety of ways, such as:
- 1. Creating automated chatbots for customer service, allowing customers to quickly and easily get answers to common questions such as menu items, hours of operation, and reservations.
- 2. Generating automated personalized recommendations and menu descriptions, to help customers make more informed decisions about what to order.
- 3 Automating the process of taking orders, allowing customers to place orders directly through the chatbot.
- 4. Creating automated responses to customer reviews, allowing restaurants to quickly and easily respond to customer feedback.
- 5. Generating automated marketing messages, such as daily specials or upcoming events, to keep customers informed and engaged.
- 6. Creating automated recipe for restaurant industry.
- Assists in creating personalized menu for customers with dietary restrictions.
However, it's important to note that chatbot is not a replacement of human interaction, but rather an extension of customer service, chatbot will be most effective when used in conjunction with human customer service representatives.
Can restaurant marketers use ChatGPT for social media?
We tested it. And the short answer is yes.
One thing to anticipate is that ChatGPT will generate the same answers to similar question prompts. And as more restaurant marketers hop on the trend, don't anticipate your answers to be original.
We asked ChatGPT to generate a mock social media caption:
Q: Generate a Valentine's social media caption for my restaurant that will offer 15% off all our items.
"Fall in love with our delicious food this Valentine's Day! Show this post to your server and receive 15% off all menu items. #ValentinesDay #SpecialOffer #FoodLove"
Wait, it even includes hashtags? How did it do that?
At this point, the bot started feeling a little bit sentient. We got comfortable asking it to spill the beans on its source material:
Q: What database that ChatGPT use to generate hashtag recommendations?
A: ChatGPT can use various databases to generate hashtag recommendations, such as:
Pre-trained datasets of popular hashtags and their associations with certain topics.
Hashtag suggestion APIs that provide lists of popular hashtags based on a keyword or phrase.
Social media platforms' APIs such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, which provide access to trending hashtags and popular hashtags based on a keyword or phrase.
It can also use the data it has been trained on to make recommendations.
It's important to note that the type of database used will depend on the specific implementation of ChatGPT and the resources available. It's also important to note that the model should be trained on a diverse dataset to make more accurate recommendations.
Our verdict? This is creepy magical technology.
You know what else is creepy magical technology? Geofence marketing.
Geofence marketing for restaurants is another powerful marketing tool to get more customers into your doors. It uses the most advanced location-based mobile technology to deliver display ads and streaming TV ads to a highly targeted pool of contacts. We help restaurant marketers capture an audience by drawing digital fences around real-world locations.
Advertise your restaurant to an audience that walked into:
- Local competitor restaurants
- Nearby events like tradeshows
- Top employer locations
Submit your inquiry below or schedule a meeting with one of our geofencing experts to see how geofencing can help your multifamily property generate demand.